At Richard Alibon we think there are some things which make us a very special school
- The good behaviour of the pupils: all our visitors comment on how well behaved our children are.
- A focus on academic success for each child: Results at Richard Alibon have improved consistently and are historically better than the national average for schools in England. Our SAT results for children in Year 6 are usually significantly better than the national average. Our children, including those on free school meals, historically make better progress than similar children nationally during their time with us.
- Sporting excellence: our sports teams and teams for children with special needs and disabilities compete in a wide range of competitions across London and do well having won a good range of trophies over the last few years. Most sport in school is taught by specialist sport coaches and we really challenge our children to be the best they can at a wide range of sports.
- A long tradition focusing on music and the creative arts: our two choirs sing at events across London, all children in Year 5 learn a musical instrument and our performing arts club combined with a good range of other opportunities for children to perform make the school an entertaining place to be.
- The closeness with which we work with our families, parents and carers: we go out of our way to work closely with our parents and carers and host a good range of opportunities for families to get involved with their children’s learning. While we are a large school, we have still kept that family feel about the school.
- Our exciting curriculum: from hot air balloons “crash landing” in the playground to the mysterious bric-a-brac shop or the magic lending library we aim to make learning interesting and exciting for the children. We support learning with a good range of visitors coming into school and visits for children off-site around the local area, London and Essex.
- A great staff who really want to work closely with you as parents and carers.
We have an experienced, well established team of teachers and teaching assistants committed to ensuring all our children achieve their very best during their time at Richard Alibon.